Best keyboard for Fortnite – FPS gaming keyboards 2019: We do not focus on the quality of keyboards for our daily computer usages. The importance of a good keyboard could only be understood by a gaming enthusiast.
As we all know that for an online game, good gaming gears matters a lot. With the increasing popularity of these games, the industry that manufactures these products is also growing. Two of the main gears for any game are the mouse and keyboard. However, many gamers do not pay much attention to the choice of keyboards. In this article, we will deal with some of the points that will tell you about the importance of the keyboards. Also, we will be providing you with the options of some keyboards and a guide to buying the best keyboard for fortnite. Along with that, we will discuss the different types of keyboards that are used for games. So, let’s start by discussing their types.
There are two different kinds of keyboards based on the types of the key they have
#1. Membrane keyboard
These types of keyboards are not the one that you usually see or uses. In most of the keyboards the keys are separable, but in this keyboard, the case is completely different. Keys in this keyboard are placed on just one plastic sheet and are very flexible. Membrane keyboards are generally affordable than the other keyboards. The best thing about these keyboards is that the oil and dirt could be easily removed from their surface as compared to any other keyboard. The manufacturing of these keyboards are done in a very compact manner and thus when you press a key it automatically gets registered. So, in the case, you press any wrong button while your game, you can lose instantly. This is one of the drawbacks of this keyboard.
#2. Mechanical keyboard
This keyboard is regarded as the ideal keyboard for games and even for everyday use. Mechanical keyboards own the market for many years and still, there is not any decrement in their popularity. The reasons behind this huge popularity of these keyboards are their features and the level of comfort that they provide to the gamers. All professional gamers prefer this keyboard. The only drawback of these keyboards is that they produce excessive sounds and it irritates the gamer.
Since mechanical keyboards are the one used by most of the gamers, let’s discuss this in detail.
If we talk about the differences in various keyboards, then it totally depends on the type of keys that have. The type of keys is decided by the motion or the style in which you place your fingers on them. There are three styles in which one could use the keys of any keyboard, namely tectile, linear and clicky. In this section, we will try to define these three styles and will also mention the name of various mechanical switches that have a particular key style.
- Tactile switches
When you will press these switches, it will give you a little bump, which clearly means it creates a loud sound. These keys are called MX brown keys. The keys that come in this category are Romer-G and Cherry MX brown.
- Clicky switches
These too are bumpy switches, but they require more force and create more sound than the tactile switches. Clicky switches are also called MX blue switches. Switches that come under this category are Cherry MX blue and Cherry MX green.
- Linear switches
These are the most comfortable keys. They do not create much sound and not require any extra force while pressing them. These are known as MX red switches. Switches like Cherry MX black, Cherry MX red, and Cherry MX clear comes in this category.
So, with the above information, you must have understood that there are lots of options available for keyboards. If you ask about the best keyboard for fortnite, then Romer-G, MX red and MX brown are the best among all. We realized this by reading the best keyboards for fortnite reviews.
Is RGB lightening important for keyboards or not?
Best Gaming keyboard for Fortnite – FPS Gaming Keyboards 2019
Best keyboard options for fortnite
Not just for these keyboards, but for any product that you are choosing you should focus on the durability, performance and the feedbacks that the particular product has received. So, the keyboard options that we are providing here are based on these things only. The players can choose one for them by checking out their features and matching that to their requirements.
#1 Logitech G810
- Pure Performance-Driven Design: Full-size keyboard delivers peak performance with the most powerful Logitech G technologies
- Ultra-Responsive Romer-G Mechanical Key Switches: Up to 25% faster key actuation than standard mechanical switches
- Customizable RGB Lighting: Match your system's look and personalize individual key lighting from a spectrum of 16.8 million colors
- Easy-Access Media Controls: Play, pause, mute, adjust volume and skip songs right from the keyboard
- Customizable Function Keys: Program custom macros to F1-F12 keys with Logitech Gaming Software
If you are an online game enthusiast then you must know that the brand Logitech make amazing gaming gears. It is considered to be one of the best brands in this regard. The different mice that they make are also very popular among the people who love online games. If we talk about this particular keyboard then the company has provided all the features that are needed, but there is nothing fancy about this product. It has got an RGB lightening. You can choose the colour of 16.8 million options. You can actually choose the colour that your mouse has. Like the mouse buttons, each key of the keyboard could be lighted. The customization is not just for the colours, but you can also do various settings related to the game, as this keyboard comes with a Logitech gaming software.
If we talk about the keys of a keyboard, then mechanical keys are the best. These switches are considered the best as they come with Romer-G which makes the keys ultra responsive. These are made especially keeping the game in mind. Adding to this, you get a few buttons on the top, from which you can control various things from these buttons only. With this, you are free from the work of minimizing your game screen every now and then for these works.
So, in a nutshell, we can say that this is a good keyboard, with all the required features. The designing is compact and it does not look like any fancy keyboard. The formation is normal, like any ordinary keyboard. The base of this keyboard is made up of rubber and the designing is done in such a way that the keyboard has got some weight in it. The weight factor is worth mentioning as this keeps your keyboard stuck to one place while your game sessions. This is the best keyboard for fortnite.
Let’s now have a look at the pros and cons of having this keyboard.
- Compact designing
- Got some weight and do not slide much
- Comes with Romer-g which makes the keys highly responsive
- RGB lightening with amazing customizations
- Does not come with any USB port
- Minimalistic features
#2. Corsair K70
- Corsair's fastest mechanical keyboard, ever. Keyboard Cable Type: Braided
- 100% anti-ghosting and full key rollover on USB / 100% Cherry MX Speed gaming key switches with ultra-fast 1.2mm actuation and light 45g force
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame for superior durability / Advanced lighting control and large font keycaps deliver dynamic, vibrant backlighting
- CUE support enables advanced macro and lighting programming for virtually unlimited game customization. Compatibility and System Requirements - PC with 2 USB 2.0 ports Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
- Detachable soft-touch wrist rest and dedicated multimedia controls / USB pass-through port for easy connections / Textured and contoured FPS/MOBA keycap sets
The first reason for keeping this keyboard in the list of best keyboard for fortine is the mechanical keys that this has. This is also the reason that this comes in the category of ideal FPS gaming keyboards. Although, this is not the only reasons as it is full of amazing qualities. It is probably the first keyboard that comes with a wrist rest. This property makes it an ideal buy for those who love long gaming sessions. The best part of it is that you can remove this rest if feel that you do not need it. The look of this keyboard is very professional. It comes with the RGB lightening feature and you can definitely customize colours according to your desire. If you do not need this option then there is a keyboard with similar features, but the lightning will be in red colour only. The reason why gamers buy the red keyboard is that it comes at a lower price.
The switches or the keys of this keyboard are mechanical, as mentioned earlier. These come with Cherry MX. Cherry MX switches are compared with the Romer-g switches that are used in Logitech keyboards. MX switches are also good, but not the best when compared from the Romer-g one.
When we combine all the features of this keyboard, then we will come to this conclusion that this is the best keyboard for fortnite. This comes with the wrist rest, which is an amazing thing. Apart from this, the media control buttons that it has got on the top makes it work even better. So overall, when you are going to buy one keyboard for your online games, you can keep this in consideration. If you want to know more about this product then you could search for the best keyboard for fortnite reviews and you will find a lot of good things written about it.
Now, here are some of its pros and cons
- Comes with a wrist stand
- RGB lighting
- MX switches
- The cable attached to it is very large and heavy
#3. Corsair K55
- Three zone dynamic RGB backlighting with 10+ preconfigured vivid RGB lighting modes allow you to choose immersive lighting effects
- 6 programmable macro keys enable powerful actions, key remaps and combos;Adjustable Height :Yes
- Dedicated Volume and multimedia controls for direct Audio control without interrupting your game. Matrix 110 keys
- Quiet and responsive keys give a satisfying feel. Compatibility and System Requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. PC with 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Multi key anti ghosting ensures the most accurate simultaneous key presses
Another one in this list is again from the same brand, but definitely with different features. The biggest difference in both the keyboards is that this does not come with a wrist rest, but this does not make this keyboard less preferable as the wrist rest is not a necessity, rather an added benefit. The look that the makers have provided it is like the normal keyboard. It could be used on a day to day basis also.
Another difference that you will find in this keyboard is that this is not a mechanical keyboard, but a membrane keyboard. Well, this also does not make much of the difference as this is still perfect for gaming. It comes with the RGB lightening feature, which is obviously available with customizations. If we talk about the keyboard in a nutshell, then it is one of the best membrane keyboards, best for those who do not want to spend that much amount of money for buying a keyboard. It is definitely comfortable and easy to use, but cannot be compared to the previous one. It can easily remove the liquid and dirt from its surface and is better than the mechanical keyboards in this regard. These features altogether make it the best keyboard for fortnite.
Let’s discuss its advantages and disadvantages.
- Withstand dirt and liquid easily
- Good quality and compact designing
- Comes with media control keys
- Membrane keyboard
- RGB is not for every key
#4. Redragon K552-N KUMARA
- GAMING KEYBOARD - BLACK VERSION; 87 Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Custom Mechanical Switches (Cherry Blue equivalent) designed for longevity with greater durability and responsiveness The Mechanical Keyboard Keys offer medium resistance, audible click sound, and crisp, precise tactile feedback for ultimate Gaming performance.
- MECHANICAL USB GAMING KEYBOARD - NO BACKLIGHT; The perfect mechanical keyboard for office or home use. Mini mechanical keyboard with 87 keys WITHOUT Backlighting and separate number gaming keypad. Featuring laser etched keycaps offering lettering that doesn't scratch off
- ANTI GHOSTING KEYBOARD; ALL 87 mechanical gaming keyboards keys are conflict free (n-Key Rollover) for ultimate Gaming performance. Featuring 12 Multimedia keys, Non-Slip Ergonomic, splash-proof Design with adjustable rear feet for the perfect typing angle, High-Speed USB cable with gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection which will stand up to fast hardcore gaming.
- METAL - ABS CONSTRUCTION; The PC Gaming keyboard is constructed of metal alloy and ABS with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up to tough industrial / office / gaming conditions. The Compact 87 key Space-saving Mechanical Keyboard Design, frees up workspace on your desk without sacrificing performance and comfort.
- PC GAMING KEYBOARD COMPATIBILTY: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support
Now, this keyboard is again in the list of those keyboards that do not have fancy things on them but are perfect for your intense gaming sessions. The keyboard is very normal and has minimalistic things on itself. This looks like a normal keyboard that we use for general purposes. This does not even have RGB lighting and rather uses just one black light for itself. There are not any media control keys too, but the best thing is that it is a mechanical keyboard. The makers just have focused on the comfort of the players and the features that could fulfill the requirements of the game and this is not bad at all. For those who want a mechanical keyboard and do not want to spend more on its purchase, this is the one. It has the Cherry MX switches and they are placed in such a precise manner that the user won’t press the wrong key.
Size of the keyboard is small and thus it saves the desk space and makes the room for other gaming gear too. The price point is also amazing, as you cannot get a mechanical keyboard in this budget. Overall, we can say that this is the simplest keyboard but does its job very well.
Let’s now look at the pros and cons of the keyboard.
- Small in size, thus saves the space
- Mechanical keys
- No RGB lightening
- Minimalistic features
#5. DBPOWER backlit LED
- 104-key Gaming Keyboard, 19 Non-Conflict Keys, Removable Keycaps, Strengthened Space Key. Specially designed keys for enhanced durability and tactile feedback offers a professional gaming feeling.
- 3 Colors LED Backlit. Cool LED backlighting on keyboard, 3 colors changeable breathing or permanent lighting mode. You can adjust backlit and breathing mode whatever you are playing game or working.
- Easy to operate with a USB braided plug-and-play cable, no driver needed. Laser-carved characters, non-slip design, splashproof and durable
- The user-friendly, ergonomic design makes this keyboard very comfortable to operate. Quick control can also be achieved via the multimedia shortcut key operations.
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Mac OS.
When you will read thoroughly, then you will find that most of the keyboards that we have mentioned in this list are very affordable in nature. DBPOWER Backlit LED belongs to the same category. This keyboard is designed especially for those who do not have a high budget and want a good keyboard for their game. It has no RGB lightening in it, but you can choose from the colours like red, blue and purple for the keys of your keyboard. You can either provide the permanent lighting to your keyboard or either could customize from it, according to your desire. For this keyboard, you do not need any extra device or software. The USB cable that you get with this keyboard is the braided one. You just need to plug it with your computer and start playing.
Since this stands on a bit affordable side, the quality is not the best. You can feel it when you press the keys. It gives you an awkward sound. It is very compact in designing and is small in size and thus do not take much of your desk space. The keys are not a hundred percent mechanical, but very close to it. The overall features, which this keyboard provides you, are brilliant for a keyboard in 50 dollars.
From the reviews that we see, it is clear that this keyboard is for those who are beginners or just have started playing online games. Those who want to test the working of a mechanical keyboard can also go with this. This keyboard is definitely not for the experienced gamers, as it does not provide enough features. As mentioned earlier, the quality of it is not the best and thus it won’t last much longer. For much information about these, search the best keyboard for fortnite reviews.
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of this keyboard:
- Very affordable
- Has vibrating properties
- No RGB lightening
- Minimal features
Keyboard buying guide for gamers
- 1 Best Gaming keyboard for Fortnite – FPS Gaming Keyboards 2019
- 2 Keyboard buying guide for gamers
Best Controller for Fortnite – PS4, Xbox One and PC Game Controllers 2019
To play your FPS game in your way, a controller is important. To choose a good controller is tough yet...
Best Gaming Headset for Fortnite 2019 Reviews – including PC, Xbox and PlayStation 4
To enjoy your game fully, you need to focus on it. To focus on your game completely, you need a...
Best 10+ Mouse for Fortnite Battle Royale- FPS Gaming Mice 2019 [Reviews]
Best Mouse for Fortnite Battle Royale- FPS Gaming Mice 2019: The level of enthusiasm for any game is measured by the...
Best Gaming Monitor for Fortnite – Monitors for FPS Games 2019 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Among all the gear options that are needed for the online games monitors are the most important as you can...
TMS Daequan Fortnite Settings and Keybinds, Gear, Setup and Config 2019
Gaming Setup & Gear TMS Daequan Fortnite settings and keybinds Fortnite comes in the category of most played FPS games....
Gotaga Fortnite Settings, Keybinds, Sensitivity & Setup 2019 (Updated August 2019)
Gaming Setup & Gear With the increase in the number of FPS games, the settings and keybinds list has also...
TSM Hamlinz Fortnite Settings, Keybinds, Sensitivity & Setup [2019 August Updated]
Gaming Setup & Gear Hamlinz Fortnite Video & Gaming settings Hamlinz Fortnite Keybinds Hamlinz Gear Hamlinz PC Hamlinz Setup The...